What's new in Version 2012.02
Jul 1, 2012
- This release was available in two formats, one for use with CaseWare Working Papers 2011 and one for use with CaseWare Working Papers 2009 and 2010.
- This release includes revisions relating to the May 2012 release of the CGA Canada Public Practice Manual (“CGA-PPM").
- All templates
- In the adjusting entries, the templates have always included a memo entry that provides posting instructions to your client. This memo was previously identified in the adjusting entry number field with the * character. This memo is now identified as adjusting entry 0 (zero) and is designated as a recurring entry. (CaseWare Working Papers no longer supports a * in the adjusting number entry field.) This revision was released in April 2012 in version 2012.01a.
- Revised the references to public sector accounting standards for government not-for-profit organizations (not fully supported by the templates). Documents revised: File profile (0.0P), engagement letter, representation letter, financial statements.
- Technical revisions affecting error messages when the engagement type does not match the file contents. Documents revised: File profile (0.0P), engagement letter, representation letter, financial statements.
- Financial statements: Share capital note cells for authorized capital revised to accept both numeric and alpha characters, so that “unlimited‛ can be entered.
- File Profile (0.0P): Updated links to reference material on the Internet.
- The “Getting Started‛ file and the HELP file were updated for changes in procedures in CaseWare Working Papers 2011, as well as our new recommendations for importing from previous CaseWare files when adopting our templates for the first time.
- All review and audit templates
- Subsequent events - Revised to match May 2012 PPM
- EQCR file inspection - Revised to match May 2012 PPM
Audit - CAS template
- (PEs & NPOs) Financial statement presentation and disclosure review - Revised to match May 2012 PPM
- Checklists -
- All templates